With a vision to create an environment favorable to industrial development while also ensuring transparency in the labour sector, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a string of schemes like portable PF accounts and a unified portal for labour inspection at firms. The programme organized by the labour ministry featured a day-long conference of labour, employment, health and vocational training ministers of the various state governments.
Labour ministry officials said that the initiatives which are launched are a Unified Labour Portal or ‘Shram Suvidha’, a transparent and accountable Labour Inspection Scheme, and portability through Universal Account Number (UAN) for Employees’ Provident Fund members. Apprentice Protsahan Yojana was also one of the initiatives that was kicked off.
Prime Minister Modi also emphasized on the need to change our attitude towards labour and put shramev jayate on the same platform as Satyameva Jayate.
Here are some of the key things he emphasized -
- We need to see labour issues from the eyes of a Shramik and not from the eyes of the Industrialists.
- While using various products, we must think about the people who worked hard in getting it to us.
- If we want Make in India a success, the most important part is to provide ease of business.
- self-attestation needs to be encouraged, which will reflect how our country trusts its citizens.
- India must be a key player in providing skilled workforce to the world.
- We need to change the way we look at the job market and get rid of the biases